If there is an event coming up that you are hosting, it is always a nice idea to get creative with your decorations, and where possible get more hands on and create something yourself!. In this blog post I will be sharing a simple DIY trick with rice and food color to create a vibrant decoration.
Colored Rice :
- 1 cup of rice for each color(the cheapest that you could find ; I found 1kg rice for $2 at Pak ‘n’ Save)
- food coloring (which ever color you want your rice to be)
- 1/2 tsp of white vinegar for each color
- zip lock sandwich bags
- a tray to dry your rice
- Add a few drops of food coloring to the vinegar and mix it together
- Place the cup of rice in the zip lock bag
- Add vinegar color mix to the rice
- Zip up the bag of rice and shake the bag until all the rice is colored
- Tip it out onto the tray and leave it overnight to dry
Ways to use colored rice for Deco:
Colored rice can be stuck onto cut pieces of shaped card board and used as centre pieces for tables. Or it can be used loose as table decorations or floor decorations. Here are some pictures of how I used my colored rice.
This is a fun and easy task, you can always get kids involved in this as well. The best thing is that the rice doesn’t have to go to waste. You can always pack them away into separate ziplock bags and re-use them for another event!
Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for daily updates on what I get up to ! x
Instagram : Small_Stuff_Blog
Facebook : Small Stuff